The fundamentals are more important than any advanced skill.
Of course, we all would like to do the fancy tricks and the visually appeasing things which some people can execute almost effortlessly.
The truth is, the best in any field are masters of the fundamentals and the basics.
In Taekwon-Do Sparring, the techniques you learn as a novice as still the most important as an elite Black Belt competitor.
Instead of worrying about the fancy tricks and the icing on top, focus on the basics.
Mastering fundamentals of footwork, distance, basic techniques etc. will get you much further than being able to throw the coolest technique you’ve seen.
All the greats, are masters of the fundamentals and everything else is built from that.
“Simplicity is the key to brilliance” but simplicity dosent mean easy 😉
Follow Us 🥋
- What sport science tells us about Martial Art training
- Can you control your emotions enough to perform at your best?
- I wanted to Quit Taekwon-Do… Here’s what to do, to know if you should
- The biggest challenge of Taekwon-Do?
- The path to brilliance is…